Seal Team Six [ST6]
GOTCHA!
Seal Team Six [ST6]
GOTCHA!
Seal Team Six [ST6]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seal Team Six [ST6]

A forum for ST6 - An Alliance playing on Ikariam.org's Alpha Server

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Status of our new forum....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Status of our new forum.... Empty
PostSubject: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I want to say that I absolutely love all the spiffy extras you've been adding to our forum. The front page especially is looking very sharp. I was wondering if you have any control over a few things...like those icons to show when there is a new topic? They are so tiny that it is really really hard to see if it's a bulging envelope or a plain one....could we possibly switch to something easier to notice? Also, a lot of the buttons here are light grey writing on a light grey background and are virtually invisible. Is that part of the skin or can we give them more contrast?
Anyways, overall, excellent job Figaro! Thank you for doing this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Hear Hear!
Back to top Go down
Lucius

Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

I REALLY brownies!!!!!

Can we put a picture of brownies on here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Status of our new forum.... Red-hat-brownies
Layered Cream Cheese Brownies
Filling:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brownies:
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (about 3 oz)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a medium bowl. When smooth, beat in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
Melt chocolate and butter together in a saucepan.
Beat eggs and sugar together in a medium bowl. When egg mixture is light and frothy, beat in vanilla, salt and baking powder. Beat in the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
Add flour and stir until smooth. Pour half of brownie batter into pan. Pour cream cheese batter over brownie batter. Pour remaining brownie batter over top.
Bake on center rack for 35- 42 minutes (see note). Let cool to room temperature on cooling rack, then chill for at least an hour (preferably longer) before serving. A longer chill will make for a smoother filling.
Cut into 9, 12 or 16 squares.
Note: I cooked mine for 45 minutes. The brownies were good, but I think it might be better to cook them for a shorter period. So check the brownies at 35 minutes. Cook them until they are just-done and let them cook internally while cooking and resting.
Back to top Go down
Lucius

Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 pm

why would you put something inside the chocolate perfection? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Status of our new forum.... Brownies0001
Who doesn't like cheesecake? You are a difficult man to please. Very well...how about these?
The ultimate brownie recipe. That is all.
Brownies

Makes 12
125g / 4oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
375g / 12oz caster sugar
75g / 3oz cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
125g / 4oz butter
3 eggs
2 tsp espresso or strong coffee
100g / 3.5oz chopped mixed nuts
Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 3. Grease and flour an 11 by 7 inch(ish) cake tin. The flouring is very important, make sure it is even and the brownies will escape from the tin intact! Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and beat for about 30 seconds. Melt the chocolate and butter in a pan, make sure you do not overheat the mixture. Allow the chocolate mix to cool slightly and then beat in the eggs, coffee and chopped nuts. Mix in the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 45 mins or until the top is firm. Allow to cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into 12 yummy squares.
Back to top Go down
Lucius

Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:01 pm

mmmmmmm...........cheesecake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm

If your secret plan is to get me to send you both kinds of brownies and let you decide between them, you are probably out of luck. At least for now. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:51 pm

I'M INNNNNNNNNNN!!! thanks for accepting me, although i currently am a bastard child! hahahah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 pm

YAY!!!!!! Welcome to our playground, Pooh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Status of our new forum....   Status of our new forum.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Status of our new forum....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seal Team Six [ST6] :: Public Relations :: Public access-
Jump to: